On behalf of the IEEE Toronto Section, you are cordially invited to join us in our annual IEEE Toronto Section AGM/Dinner event. The AGM is a special occasion to celebrate the achievements of the Toronto Section, made possible by its dedicated volunteers and members.
Date: Saturday, November 10, 2018
Time: 6:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Location: Room Brûlé C, 21 Old Mill Rd, Toronto, ON, Canada
FREE Registrations (by Oct. 25): Please fill out the registration HERE – space is limited and we anticipate a high demand.
– Each Chapter/Affinity group should register two representatives for the AGM (typically the Chair and Vice-Chair or other team member) and two guests of your choice.
– Each student branch should register two students representatives for the the AGM and two guests of your choice, in addition to the Branch counsellor and one guest.
– Please fill out a single registration form for you and your guest.
– You may also register for free if you have received a personal invitation from the Section Officers.
– Since space is very limited please do not register unless you are committed to attend.
PAID registrations: Additional tickets may be available in limited supply; please contact Maryam Davoudpour for special requests.
Keynote Speaker: We are delighted to announce that this year’s keynote speaker is Mr. Jim Balsillie’s, one of the most prominent tech entrepreneurs in Canadian history. This is a unique opportunity to hear his insights on the global tech landscape.
Biography: Jim Balsillie’s career is unique in Canadian business. He is a former Chairman and co-CEO of Research In Motion (BlackBerry), a Canadian technology company he scaled from an idea to $20 billion in sales globally.
He is a co-founder of the Institute for New Economic Thinking based in New York City and the Council of Canadian Innovators (CCI) based in Toronto. He currently chairs the Board of Directors of Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) and CCI. He is also the founder of the Centre for International Governance Innovation, the Balsillie School of International Affairs and Arctic Research Foundation and founding co-chair of the CIO Strategy Council.
Mr. Balsillie was the only Canadian ever appointed to US Business Council and the sole private sector representative on the UN Secretary General’s High Panel for Sustainability. He is the only Canadian member of the US Council on Competitiveness and an internationally renowned voice on innovation strategy, competitiveness and international economic policy. He testified to the US Senate on America Innovates Act, a landmark legislation for management of intellectual property.
His awards include: several honorary degrees, Canadian Business Hall of Fame, Mobile World Congress Lifetime Achievement Award, Time Magazine’s World’s 100 Most Influential People and three times Barron’s list of “World’s Top CEOs.
We look forward to seeing you all on November 10, 2018!