Fasih Ahmed Masood SM IEEE - Industrial Relations Committee Chair
Fasih is the Chair of Industrial Relations Committee & Consultants Network Affinity Group of IEEE Toronto Section. By profession, he is an accomplished Computer Systems Engineer & a Project Manager with 10+ years of international experience in Information & Communications Technologies strategies, consulting, analysis, planning & design of IT & Telecom Infrastructure, Technical Business Solutions and Business Continuity Planning / Disaster Recovery Planning in diverse workforces. Currently, he is serving as a Communications Technical Specialist in the Technology & Operations Group of Bank of Montreal (BMO) Financial Group, in Toronto.
He is also leading the Toronto Section initiative to form strategic partnerships with Project Management Institute Southern Ontario Chapter, and Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council, for the Mentoring Partnership Program
He has been an active volunteer of IEEE since 1996. During his 13 years of association with the largest professional society of Engineers in the world, he has served in the following key volunteer positions from 1996 to 2007:
- IEEE Karachi Section Secretary in 1999 and 2000.
- IEEE Karachi Section Vice Chairman in 2001 and 2002.
- IEEE Computer Society Karachi Chapter Chairman (Chapter Chair Founder) in 1999.
- IEEE Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD) Affinity Group (Founder Chair) in 2000.
- IEEE Communications Society Chapter Chairman (Chapter Chair Founder) from 2001 to 2004.
- IEEE Kiyo Tomiyasu Awards Committee Member form 2001 to 2003.
- IEEE Islamabad Section Secretary/Treasurer in 2005.
- IEEE Communications Society Toronto Chapter Secretary in 2007.
He has received the following IEEE Awards for his services and contributions:
- IEEE Third Millennium Medal for outstanding services and contribution to IEEE Karachi Section in January 2000.
- IEEE Regional Activities Board (RAB) Section GOLD Leadership Recognition Award for outstanding leadership and contribution to the Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD) Activities in IEEE Karachi Section in December 2000.
- IEEE Region 10 (Asia Pacific) Outstanding Volunteer Award in recognition to excellent contribution in the membership development work and service to IEEE Karachi Section in February 2001.
His articles have been published in IEEE Newsletter, "The Institute", as follows:
- "Expand Your Mind, Advance Your Future": Nov. 1998.
- "Pakistan Member Discovers Universal Value of IEEE Work": Sept. 1999.
- "Volunteering Provides Management Skills for Business Success": Dec. 2002.